Tips for interviewing candidates
Need to interview dental staff? Read on for some useful tips…
In an employee’s market and as a dental practice owner looking to recruit, it is important to stand out against other dental practices when interviewing candidates. The choice of good candidates can be limited by the number of jobs on offer making the recruitment process very competitive for any employer. The most important thing you have to do is secure the best individual for the job.
Preparing to interview a candidate is crucial to the success of securing the candidate. Structuring the interview will allow you to control the interview process and get the most out of the candidate you are meeting.
- Understand what skills and attributes you are looking for from your ideal candidate.
- Take time before the interview to read the candidate’s CV. Prepare questions based on the candidate’s experience and the job specification.
- Introduce your practice and the opportunity to the candidate.
- Ask your questions first as the candidate is more likely to give you answers which will enable you to decide whether or not they are suitable for the job.
- Ask the candidate if they have any questions.
- Show the candidate around the practice before they leave so they are aware of the working environment.
You should finish the interview feeling satisfied that you have all the information you need to make a decision based on the candidate’s suitability.
Agree a day and time to get back to the candidate with feedback on their interview and stick to it. The sooner the better! Remember, exceptional candidates are in demand and are not on the jobs market for long. Making a swift decision can assist in securing the candidate.
Offering a consultative approach, MBR Dental work with your dental practice to deliver a recruitment solution that helps your practice reach its full potential.